South African National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence
Make Health Your 'New High' in Life, Not Drugs!
Published on Feb 24, 2013 - SABC News
It has been revealed that the drug has not been classified
as an illegal drug, causing difficulties and uncertainties in
South African communities. Here with us in studio is Cathy Vos
We are currently populating our website. If you find any problems, let us know!
SANCA National's mission statement for 2020:
- To develop, consolidate and sustain outcome based addiction services in South Africa through active partnerships with governments and other stakeholders
- To facilitate the development, expansion and sustainability of outcome-based addiction services in Southern Africa through provision of training and consultancy services
- To influence policy formulation and to lobby and align SANCA with the initiatives towards safer communities
- To strengthen the corporate image of SANCA through effective marketing of our footprint
To be the most effective organisation in the field of prevention and treatment of chemical dependence in South Africa.
- Heighten public awareness
- Enlighten public and private sectors
- Prevent and reduce chemical substance dependence
- Provide treatment for dependents and families
- Advocate restriction of availability
- Offer specialised training and education programs
- Undertake and encourage research
- Mobilise and utilise community resources
- Empower communities through prevention programs