South African National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence
SANCA Week 23 - 27 June 2014
Message of Hope: Drug Use Disorders are Preventable and Treatable!
SANCA promotes their treatment and prevention programmes with the yellow ribbon.
The following are initiatives that SANCA Nationals Marketing Portfolio suggests:
1. Decorate a tree
We create awareness by getting the community to decorate trees in their area with yellow ribbons thus showing their support against substance abuse.
2. Quit 1 habit for 1 week
We challenge the community to quit 1 habit for 1 week. (e.g coffee, sugar, smoking)
This will create an awareness of the difficulty in changing life style.
We are currently populating our website. If you find any problems, let us know!
SANCA National's mission statement for 2020:
- To develop, consolidate and sustain outcome based addiction services in South Africa through active partnerships with governments and other stakeholders
- To facilitate the development, expansion and sustainability of outcome-based addiction services in Southern Africa through provision of training and consultancy services
- To influence policy formulation and to lobby and align SANCA with the initiatives towards safer communities
- To strengthen the corporate image of SANCA through effective marketing of our footprint
To be the most effective organisation in the field of prevention and treatment of chemical dependence in South Africa.
- Heighten public awareness
- Enlighten public and private sectors
- Prevent and reduce chemical substance dependence
- Provide treatment for dependents and families
- Advocate restriction of availability
- Offer specialised training and education programs
- Undertake and encourage research
- Mobilise and utilise community resources
- Empower communities through prevention programs